Re: [RML] Worms

Mach T. Fukada (fukada at hawaii.edu)
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 13:01:18 -1000

Found this on the killifish list. It might shed some light on one of the
compounds in Dactycid. I have some of the stuff (Dactycid) thanks to Wim,
and it does work. The article describing Flubenol/Panacure at
http://www.aquariumfrontiers.com/1997/oct/product/default.htm indicates
that it works on freeliving (assuming planaria) and parasitic flatworms and
has allmost no toxicity to fish. Maybe the DVM on the list can shed some
light on the subject of how to get some of it.

Mahalo,

MTF
Snip...

From: William Vannerson <William_Vannerson at ama-assn.org> To:
CICHLID at LISTSERV.UH.EDU, apisto at majordomo.pobox.com,
killies at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Panacur =?ISO-8859-7?Q?=AF a remedy fo?=r =?ISO-8859-7?Q?Hy?=
=?ISO-8859-7?Q?dra?=
Sender: owner-killies at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us Precedence: bulk

The subject of hydra appears about once every 4-5 months. I found an
interesting article onthe subject in the October issue of Aquarium
Frontiers. The URL is:

http://www.aquariumfrontiers.com/1997/oct/product/default.htm

The article reports on a highly effective drug called Panacur in the US,
Flubenol in Germany, that kills hydra while leaving plants AND killie fry
healthy. It's a drug that you can obtain through a veterinarian.

Bill Vannerson

TO killies-l at killi.net + For further information, see
http://www.killi.net/lists/From: "Christian Rosskopf"
<christian.rosskopf at passau.netsurf.de> To: <killies at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>