[RML] Re: Quarantine Tank

passdpnitz (passdpnitz at yahoo.com)
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:32:31 -0000

I run an extra sponge filter in a tank so if/when I need to setup an
extra tank in a hurry it is ready to go.

Pete

--- In r_m_l at yahoogroups.com, Gary Lange <rainbowfish4u2 at y...> wrote:

> I think everybodys got it right you're just seeing it from a few
different angles. Moving the filter or washing it out into the new
tank works wonders and you usually won't see an NO2 spike or
ammonia. You should still monitor for these especially if you've
decided to use an antibiotic, which can mess up <any> bacterial
colony and cause NO2 spikes. Most of the times it's a parasite
anyway so you should probably think about treating for that first.
If you are doing treatments on the tank it's also a good idea to
change 50% or more of the water, at least every other day. That
doesn't have to be tap water but can come from one of your healthy
other tanks. Feed lightly and if possible feed quality frozen foods
or live foods to ensure that everything is eaten to avoid adding
extra ammonia to the system. Just keep checking to make sure you
don't get an ammonia spike.

> gary lange
>

> parin_iceyfist <parin_iceyfist at y...> wrote:
> --- In r_m_l at yahoogroups.com, Peter Unmack <peter.lists at u...>
wrote:

> > On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, parin_iceyfist wrote:
> >
> > > If it's a bunch of fish, I'd consider it like a regular tank.
So a