[RML] Re: Quarantine Tank

parin_iceyfist (parin_iceyfist at yahoo.co.uk)
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:02:05 -0000

--- In r_m_l at yahoogroups.com, "conwayl72" <conwaylewis at h...> wrote:

> If I am setting up a Quarantine tank, with 100% water from the
> original tank, how long should I wait before adding the sick fish?
>
> I know I should have one set up ready, but is usually gets filled with
> new or breeding fish :s.
>
> Thanks
>
> Conway

If it's one or two fish, I'd say rightaway. Just monitor the
waterquality very securely and perhaps add some bacteria-starters to
the filter. But depending on the medicin (if any) you're going to use,
you might kill off the bacteria anyway. Small daily or bi-daily
waterchanges and waste removal from the bottom are more important.

If it's a bunch of fish, I'd consider it like a regular tank. So a
startup period of 2 or 3 weeks.

That's what I would do. :)

Gunther