[RML] Re: Goo obo gudgeon disease problems

passdpnitz (passdpnitz at yahoo.com)
Sat, 17 Dec 2005 04:45:57 -0000

Gary,
I uploaded a couple of pics of sick goo obo. Now that I look at it
the problem seems to be behind pectoral fins not really on gills.
Thoughts?

Pete

--- In r_m_l at yahoogroups.com, Gary Lange <rainbowfish4u2 at y...> wrote:

> I really haven't seen myco go crazy on gills, sounds more like low
pH and perhaps you burned the gills. They will crust over sometimes
and curl outward. Did that to some diamond tetras a while back.
They also might have some gill paracites. You might check that or
treat for paracites. These fish do fine with medium size fish but
I'm guessing if you have young bows with them that they might get
nipped, especially if there is a crowding issue. I would really go
back and check the water pH. If there is a problem then that might
be the cause of your white gills. On your fry make sure you save
the brightest for your next breeders as they don't all throw true.
However with each new generation that Kent produces the fish are
putting out many more full colored fish.