Re: [RML] Sydney Water

Effie Howe (how168 at srcmain.dfst.csiro.au)
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 15:38:09 +1000 (EST)

Hi Matthew,
I wouldn't have thought that the protozoans would actually be
harmful to the fish in the concentrations that would be there. However
whatever they are doing to the water to decontaminate it could well be very
harmful to fish. I am one of those people that never uses water agers. I
store tap water with an airstone in it for upwards of a week and in that way
get rid of free chlorine. I am worried that there could be an excess of
chloramines in the water.

Effie