Re: Coal grunters

Andrew Boyd (andrew at pcug.org.au)
Mon, 12 Aug 1996 00:03:29 +1000

At 12:43 PM 8/11/96 +-1000, Bruce wrote:
>Gary Lang extolled the virtues of Coalies - just out of interest one of
>the fish we brought back from this trip was the red/orange form of this
>fish from the Olive river and hopefully they will be able to be bred and
>made available to the hobby soon.

Good - you'll have to send some down to Canberra, Bruce, to eat all our
deformed fish ;)

Seriously - the deformed praecox in question wasn't bred in Canberra - but
by a commercial chap - just thought I'd make that point to clarify any
misunderstandings. Canberra rainbow breeders are pretty responsible, as a
group.

Welcome back, Bruce... we missed you when you were gone - tell us what else
you found up there (without prejudicing the no doubt forthcoming Fishes of
Sahul article, of course ;) )

Regards, Andrew
Andrew Boyd - andrew at pcug.org.au - http://www.pcug.org.au/~andrew
"A running man may cut 4000 throats in a single night" - Klingon Proverb