Re: [RML] Y2K bug

Wright Huntley (huntley1 at home.com)
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 20:13:58 -0700

Deanne Gaskill wrote:

> As I'm new to this list, apologies in advance if this topic has already
> been xplored.
> I'm wondering what alternatives could be put in place in the event of
> lengthy electricity failures (& therefore no filters) once the new
> millenium arrives.

The Y2K problem happens a full year before the start of the new
millennium.

I somehow doubt if OZ is as far behind on fixing it as much of SE Asia
seems to be. Here in the US, I think we have little fear of more than
minor transient problems. We probably face more disruption from
ill-planned tests than from the bug itself.

BTW, isn't it the same kind of mentality that would reduce Year 2000 to
Y2K that caused the problem in the first place. :-)

Wright

--
Wright Huntley, Fremont CA, USA, 510 494-8679  huntleyone at home dot
com

Stop passing new laws! Repeal some dysfunctional ones. It will do far more good.* http://www.self-gov.org/libertarianism.html ________________________________________________ *Substance-abuse laws and other victimless-crime laws for example.