[RML] Re: bloated praecox / metronidazole

H. Hoekstra (hugo at greed.nl)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 15:09:35 +0100

On 06-Apr-99, David Mentjes wrote:
>It is both a veterinary product and a human medical product. I am a
>veterinarian and would be able to get you some if necessary. I have not
>tried it for dropsy or the like in fish. Please e-mail me at
>dmentjes at execpc.com if you need any help.

David, thank you very much for the offer ! But since I live in the
Netherlands I thought it would be easier to ask a local veterinarian first
and am getting it today.

The praecox is somewhat less bloated but this might be due to the fact I
didn't feed during a week. The scales on stomach edge are like a saw but the
abdomen is not swollen, which makes me wonder if it is really ascites, also
since ascites would get worse during this period ? Even stranger, she was
begging for food tonight. (?)

Edward, what would be the best way to dissolve Metronidazole in water, just
crush it?

Best regards,

Hugo Hoekstra