RE: [RML] Mail Order Books

MATDIV (ASALMON at mat.army.defence.gov.au)
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 11:23:00 +1000

My experience with stuff from the US is that their international airmail postage rates are absolute killers (especially compared to ours). For this reason, most shippers will default to surface mail with delivery times of between 3 weeks and three months,
depending on shipping schedules.

A wise alternative is to use DHL international couriers - they have a "satchel" arrangement which costs about $20 and allows for up to 2kg anywhere in the world within 48 hours. A mate used one to send a forgotten Amex card to his brother in Rome and it w
as delivered within 18 hours!

Alternatively, lets all order now and see if we can get Roy in the Guiness Book of Records for the World's Highest Excess Baggage Charge between USA and Australia! :-)

----------
From: pgarrett at mgdestmx01.erin.gov.au[SMTP:pgarrett at mgdestmx01.erin.gov.au]
Reply To: rainbowfish at pcug.org.au
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 1997 11:09 AM
To: rainbowfish at pcug.org.au
Subject: Re: [RML] Mail Order Books

Chen Leong asked about delivery times for books ordered from Jim Forshey.

My only experience is "still waiting". I ordered two books from him nearly 10
weeks ago and haven't heard boo.

This is a distict contrast with service from Japan. I ordered a video from Aqua
Design Amano on the same day my letter went to Jim. It was in my hand two weeks
later. Maybe its just an American thing ;-)

Attachment Converted: c:\neudora\attach\RE [RML] Mail Order Books