Re: [RML] APR -Reply

Sat, 12 Apr 1997 12:01:13 +1000

Apparently several aquaculture food manufacturers make APR equivalents and
although they contain the basic nutrition for fry it seems unlikely that it
could contain all the multiplicity of micronutrients in livefood. It would
be wise to do as Lyndle does and supplement with live food of the
appropriate size for your fry.There is probably no significant difference
between them all for our purposes as long as we supplement with live food.

Storage and spoilage will always be a problem for the hobbyist with
aquaculture material (that seems to be in bulk to us), at least OSI has
taken the step and packaged small amounts for us and it is up to us to ask
our local dealers to make sure that they stock it for us so that it will
create a demand and OSI will continue to
make it available in small packages.

Bruce Hansen, ANGFA
Check out our web site a http://www.angfa.org
Remember, "When in doubt, leave it out!"