Re: [RML] New

peter.unmack at ASU.Edu
Wed, 02 Apr 1997 15:33:26 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Frex wrote:
> At 08:47 AM 4/2/97 -0700, Jim wrote:
> >3) I have 4 fish that are being called "Blackmast" They are juvies and I
> >am told they are hardyheads. I cannot find any reference to them in
> >various books I have looked in however. Any information on these fish is
> >appreciated.
>
> Blackmasts or Strawmen (Quirichtys stramineus) are wonderful fish, and are

Craterocephalus stramineus these days. :-) I've never kept them
personally. Any book that covers Australian native fish (not one of those
boring rainbowfish only ones) will have some info on care and breeding
except Jerry's one as he doesn't incorporate that type of info in his
1989 book Freshwater Fishes of Australia.

Tootles

Peter J Unmack peter.unmack at asu.edu
PO Box 1454
Tempe AZ 85280-1454, USA
DESERT FISHES RULE: To boldly thrive where no other fish can make it!

Australian desert fishes pages at ozdesertfish.base.org (don't forget to
visit the Desert Fishes Council pages too)
Native Fish Australia pages at nfa.base.org (under construction)
North American Native Fishes Association at www.nanfa.org