RE: [RML] White spots on eyes of m. bosemani

Eric Johnson (etj at nwlink.com)
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 19:11:15 -0700

Thanks - this helps a lot. What I have is exactly as dave described and I'll
try his fix. I moved a batch of m. boesemani fry from a 10g rearing tank to
another tank so I now have a cycled hospital tank at my disposal. I've also
been gradually moving healthy fish out from the affected tank. I've not yet
begun the antibiotic treatment since I'm away from home this week and didn't
want to do a partial antibiotic run, but I'll get that started in a few
days.

ph, kh, and nitrates (to a lesser degree) have been under control, and my
changes are frequent (usually weekly) but small (10%ish). Fish load in that
29G tank when i first saw symptoms was 6 small and medium m. boesemani, 2 m.
praecox, 2 c. siamensis (SAE), a small botia loach (yoyo maybe?), and a
dwarf plecostamus. I've since moved two of the healthy boesemanis to another
tank that recently came online. I've had no other recent disease problems.