Re: [RML] Blackmast ?

gfinsen at schneider.com.au
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 09:48:59 +1100

I was with Bruce when we pulled these blue eyes from the area where
Eurimbula Ck flows into Bustard Bay (I think). I was pretty much pure salt
water and the fish were large (slightly over 2 inches from memory). Now
Eurimbula Ck is the system immediately north of Deepwater Ck. It pretty
much flows northish, while Deepwater flows south. I believe both systems
have their headwaters beginning in the same hills east of Miriam Vale.

I have caught signifer from a small swamp that flowed into Deepwater Ck
near the causeway that crosses it. These are "classic" signifer similar to
those caught further south. If anything they are a bit more yellow than
those out of the Brisbane River etc.

I have 2 males and 4 females if anybody wants to have a look or have a go
at breeding. My hands are full with breeding gertrudae and trying to hatch
these pygmae that I am having no success with :-(.

Regs
Graeme

Please respond to rainbowfish at pcug.org.au