Re: [RML] Blackmast ?

peter.unmack at ASU.Edu
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 15:54:06 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Adrian Tappin wrote:
> At 17:22 17/04/00 +0200, HH wrote:
> >Craterocephalus stramineus, look into my book, there's an excellent photo
> >(either by GŁnter Schmida or Neil Armstrong).
> If you don't have his book just look up my web page. The fish from the
> Gregory River is totally different from the ones found in Dave's backyard :-)

I just got back some sequence for the Douglas River (Daly system) today to
compare to those from the Gregory. They are pretty majorly different
genetically (based on two fish....) Tree is at
http://www.peter.unmack.net/biogeog/clades under Craterocephalus.

I also added a couple rainbow sequences, seems like the inornatas on Cape York
haven't mixed with the local nigrans populations like those west of Darwin
appear to. Gunther will be pleased to know the Dawson River fish come out in
the fluvi-duboulayi clade rather than splendida.

Tootles
Peter J Unmack peter.unmack at asu.edu
DESERT FISHES RULE: To boldly thrive where no other fish can make it!

Desert Springs Action Committee at http://www.tkphotos.com/dsac/
Desert Fishes Council http://www.utexas.edu/depts/tnhc/.www/fish/dfc
Australian Desert Fishes as above just add australi or click on Australia
Australian Freshwater Fish Biogeography at http://www.peter.unmack.net/biogeog
North American Native Fishes Association at http://www.nanfa.org
Native Fish Australia at http://www.nativefish.asn.au
Aquatic Conservation Network at http://www.acn.ca

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid
people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full
of doubts." -Betrand Russell