RE: [RML] Australias Largest Freshwater Public Aquarium

Dave Wilson (rwilson at octa4.net.au)
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:34:19 +0930

The photo by Neil Armstrong is a Macrobrachium rosenburgi (hope the
spelling is OK) and it is also called a Cherabin by the West Australians,
and Freshwater Prawn by the NT locals. They catch and eat rainbowfish
when kept in the same aquarium. We caught some this afternoon in the
Adelaide River, one was about 25 cm total length (claws included). They
are also one of the best Baramundi baits around.